VILLAGE COMMUNITY NETWORK

A Technology Development and Pilot Roll Out Plan for Rural Zones of India

Funded by MHRD, Govt. of India

 

ABOUT US

    Soon after Dayalbagh was founded in 1915, the Radhasoami Satsang Sabha, in pursuance of the lofty ideals to evolve the superman of tomorrow, started the Radhasoami Educational Institute, as a co-educational Middle School, open to all, on January 1, 1917. Administered by a Managing Committee registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860, the Institute, since the very beginning, combined the pursuit of academic studies with sensibilities, moral and spiritual values. From the modest beginning, the nucleus not only grew and got divided but also spawned new institutions, as the needs of the society and the times demanded. Within six months, it was raised to the level of a High School; Intermediate classes were started in 1922; it became a Degree College in 1947, with the introduction of B.Com. classes affiliated to Agra University; B.Ed. (B.T.) classes were added in 1951 and the first batch of B.Sc. students was sent up for the final examination in 1955

    A Technical School, which later developed into a College, was started in 1927 for imparting training in automobile, electrical and mechanical engineering, leading to the award of diploma in the concerned branch of the Board of Technical Education, U.P. The Leather Working School, started in 1930, gives instructions in both theory and practice for manufacture of leather goods.

    To further the cause of women's education, Prem Vidyalaya was started in 1930. It is now an Intermediate College. The Women's Training College was established in 1947 for B.A. and B.Ed. classes. M.Ed. classes were added in 1958. M.A. in Psychology, English and Hindi in 1969 and M.A. (Music) in 1976. It made phenomenal progress to become one of the premier women's colleges in the country.Engineering College, affiliated to Agra University, for the degree of B.Sc. (Engineering), was the latest (1950) addition to the chain of educational institutions in Dayalbagh.

    A new and significant development of far-reaching consequence, in the history of education at Dayalbagh, was the establishment of DAYALBAGH EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE as a registered body in 1973, which integrated and brought under one umbrella all the educational institutions of Dayalbagh, including the School of Comparative Study of Religion, the School of Languages and the School of Art and Culture.

    In 1975, it formulated an innovative and comprehensive program of undergraduate studies which received approbation from the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the University Grants Commission, as a result of which in 1981 the Ministry of Education, Government of India, conferred the status of an institution deemed to be a University on the Dayalbagh Educational Institute, to implement the new scheme. To Know More visit www.dei.ac.in

Dayalbagh Educational Institute

The microwave physics lab at Dayalbagh Educational Institute is well equipped and supervised by experienced faculty members. In the lab we are constantly attempting to develop need based solutions customized to Indian social, economical and geographical conditions. Research in the lab focus on Microwave bio- sensors for medical diagnostics and novel communication devices to make ICT affordable and accessible to millions of localized rural dwellers of the nation. In the microwave lab students are groomed into skilled researchers with bounded responsibility and boundless creativity.

MICROWAVE PHYSICS LABORATORY